The mission of the SUNA Foundation is to improve urologic nursing care and the lives of people with urologic health issues through funding of urologic nursing research, scholarships, and educational programs.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Ed Hale, on February 26, 2018, in Eugene, OR. Ed is the husband of Ardeth Hale, SUNA Foundation Chair Emeritus. At the time of his death, they had been married almost 71 years. A memorial service is planned in Portland in July 2018. The SUNA Foundation Trustees express condolences to Ardeth and her family and hold her in our thoughts and prayers. The Foundation is dear to Ardeth's heart and Ed supported her SUNA dedication and volunteerism throughout their marriage. Memorials can be sent to the SUNA Foundation Cherished Celebrations, Memories, and Moments in Ed's honor.
SUNA Foundation Conference Scholarships ~ Recipients Reflect on Their Meeting Experience
The SUNA Foundation offers scholarships to assist SUNA members in covering the cost of attending SUNA's uroLogic Conference. Members who have received these scholarships share about their positive meeting experience and how it enhanced both their knowledge and practice.
Apply for a conference scholarship online now (SUNA Members Only)
Get Your Copy of SUNA Foundation Cookbook!
The SUNA Foundation Cookbook contains 215 mouth-watering recipes – everything you need from appetizers to desserts.
SUNA chapters can purchase groups of 10 or more for $10 each. The cookbooks make wonderful gifts for family and friends as well as chapter door prizes or a special recognition of a chapter member. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Urology nurses care for patients across the lifespan, providing guidance and treatment for a variety of urologic diseases and concerns. Recognizing the need to advance urologic nursing practice and create a continuum of knowledge, the Society of Urologic Nurses and Associates (SUNA) formed the SUNA Foundation.
Committed to propelling urologic nursing care, the foundation offers many opportunities for SUNA members by funding urologic nursing research, scholarships, and educational programs.
Gifts from donors like you will help urologic nurses and associates research their ideas, further their nursing education, and seek specialized training. Patients will ultimately benefit from their expanded knowledge and expertise.
- Jean Lewis, BSN, APRN, ANP (retired), Foundation Chair, Minneapolis, MN
- Ardeth Hale, CURN (retired), Foundation Chair Emeritus, Eugene, OR
- Carol Einhorn, CURN, Foundation Secretary, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
- Susan Lipsy, ANP-BC, CUNP, Foundation Treasurer, Associate Medical Professionals of New York, Syracuse, NY
- Donna Brassil, MSN, CURN, Rockefeller University, New York, NY
- Debbie Buback, MSN, RN, ANP (Retired)
- Tony Jannetti, Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc., Pitman, NJ
- Christopher Sellwood, CURE Medical
- Dendra von Merveldt, MSN, RN, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX