The mission of the SUNA Foundation is to improve urologic nursing care and the lives of people with urologic health issues through funding of urologic nursing research, scholarships, and educational programs.
SUNA Foundation 2016 Silent Auction and Raffle
The SUNA Foundation raised $10,600 through fundraising activities during the 2016 uroLogic Conference in Washington, DC. Once again, the Silent Auction was a big hit. The Foundation Trustees want to thank the individual SUNA members and chapters that donated items to the auction. Without your donations, the auction would not be possible.
Congratulations to the lucky winners of the Foundation Raffle:
- Matt Blasick, Sagent Medical – Four 1-day Disney Park Hopper Tickets (donated by the SUNA Foundation
- Beth Euston – $200 VISA gift card (donated by the SUNA Upper Midwest Chapter)
- Tracey Young – $200 Amazon gift card (donated by CURE Medical)
SUNA Foundation Conference Scholarships ~ Recipients Reflect on Their Meeting Experience
The SUNA Foundation offers scholarships to assist SUNA members in covering the cost of attending SUNA's uroLogic Conference. Members who have received these scholarships share about their positive meeting experience and how it enhanced both their knowledge and practice.
Apply for a conference scholarship online now (SUNA Members Only)
Urology nurses care for patients across the lifespan, providing guidance and treatment for a variety of urologic diseases and concerns. Recognizing the need to advance urologic nursing practice and create a continuum of knowledge, the Society of Urologic Nurses and Associates (SUNA) formed the SUNA Foundation.
Committed to propelling urologic nursing care, the foundation offers many opportunities for SUNA members by funding urologic nursing research, scholarships, and educational programs.
Gifts from donors like you will help urologic nurses and associates research their ideas, further their nursing education, and seek specialized training. Patients will ultimately benefit from their expanded knowledge and expertise.
- Jean Lewis, BSN, APRN, ANP (retired), Foundation Chair, Minneapolis, MN
- Ardeth Hale, CURN (retired), Foundation Chair Emeritus, Eugene, OR
- Carol Einhorn, CURN, Foundation Secretary, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
- Susan Lipsy, ANP-BC, CUNP, Foundation Treasurer, Associate Medical Professionals of New York, Syracuse, NY
- Donna Brassil, MSN, CURN, Rockefeller University, New York, NY
- Debbie Buback, MSN, RN, ANP (Retired)
- Tony Jannetti, Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc., Pitman, NJ
- Christopher Sellwood, CURE Medical
- Dendra von Merveldt, MSN, RN, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX