Interested in attending a SUNA conference but need financial assistance? Pursuing certification or furthering your education? Does your chapter need monetary support for educational programs? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then be sure to take advantage of a special benefit of SUNA membership – the award and scholarship program! This program is administered through the SUNA Foundation.
Awards & Scholarships
The following awards and scholarships are available to SUNA members and chapters annually.
- uroLogic Conference Scholarships. Scholarships provide uroLogic conference registration and expenses up to a maximum of $1,500. (Application deadline: June 1)
- Advanced uroLogic Registration Scholarships. These scholarships provide conference registration up to a maximum of $500. (Application deadline: December 15)
- Ardeth Hale Leadership Award. Established in honor of longtime SUNA member Ardeth Hale, this award recognizes a SUNA member who demonstrates exceptional leadership qualities. (Nomination deadline: June 1)
- Ron Brady Career Mobility Scholarship. Sponsored by Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc., this $1,500 scholarship supports a SUNA member who is pursuing advanced urologic nursing education. (Application deadline: June 1)
- Chapter Enhancement Scholarships. Four qualifying chapters are eligible to receive a scholarship up to $200 to promote chapter educational activities and/or community programs. (Application deadline: June 30)
- Start-Up Chapter Funds. Start up chapters may apply for a one-time grant of $100 to support the growth and development of a new chapter in accordance with the missions of SUNA and the SUNA Foundation.
- Jan Le Bouton Certification Scholarship. This scholarship supports a SUNA member pursuing certification in urologic nursing by funding the certification exam fee and providing complimentary registration to the SUNA uroLogic Conference. (Application deadline: June 1)
- SUNA Foundation Recertification Scholarship. This scholarship provides reimbursement of the recertification fee for a SUNA member seeking recertification. (Application deadline: December 1)
- LABORIE Comprehensive Urodynamics Course Complimentary Registration Scholarship. This scholarship provides complimentary registration for a 2.5 day Laborie Comprehensive Urodynamics Course. (Application deadline: December 15)
- Young Investigators/Experienced Investigators Research Programs. These urologic nursing research grants are awarded to first-time and experienced urology nurse researchers and provide opportunities to conduct clinical urologic nursing research.
The award and scholarship program is administered through the SUNA Foundation. Apply by the deadlines noted above.