SUNA is seeking members to volunteer to serve on the 2021 uroLogic Conference Program Planning Committee. The conference is scheduled for October 28-31 at the Marriott St. Louis Grand in St. Louis, MO. This is a great opportunity to serve on a SUNA team! Apply by November 13, 2020. See instructions below.
To develop educational content for the uroLogic Conference based on identified needs of SUNA members and principles of adult learning using ANCC-COA criteria. The qualifications and responsibilities of this committee are presented below. This involves a significant time commitment. We invite you to submit your application if you meet the qualifications and are interested in volunteering to be a part of this enthusiastic, self-motivated group. Applicants must be willing to serve on the committee for a 2-year term.
Committee Time Commitment
October 2020 to October 2022
- Active member in good standing of SUNA.
- Knowledge of urologic allied health care practices and cognizant of current professional issues concerning urology.
- Availability and willingness to commit the necessary time to prepare for and participate in meetings, conference calls and conferences as indicated, in order to fulfill the responsibilities of the committee.
- Ability to attend the 2021 uroLogic Conference.
- Ability to participate in conference call planning meetings weekly or bi-weekly during specific months to plan the conference.
- Proficient in and have daily access to electronic communication methods (email, Internet, file download).
- Ability to work with others and follow through with tasks.
- Work together to identify the learning needs of SUNA membership by reviewing previous conference evaluations, literature and national trends.
- Seek, investigate and research topics & speakers for the conference.
- Review and evaluate submitted abstracts.
- Invite and follow up with speakers to gain commitment and required information.
- Assist with educational program coordination at the uroLogic Conference.
- Work to be completed via virtual meetings, email, conference calls, and at the uroLogic Conference.
- Attend the 2021 uroLogic Conference in St. Louis, MO.
- Respond to email communications within 2 business days, or as requested by the chair.
Compensation for Planning Committee members includes complimentary registration to the 2021 uroLogic Conference, travel (capped at $500), and four 1/2 nights hotel (members are encouraged to room share).
If you are interested in volunteering for this committee and meet the qualifications, send an email responding to the question “Why are you interested in serving as a member of the Planning Committee?” and your current curriculum vitae/resume (abbreviated with the qualifications for this role) to SUNA@ajj.com, with the subject line: SUNA Program Planning Committee. Please apply by November 13, 2020, to be considered.
SUNA members are the strength of our association. Your time, talent, and expertise guide the organization and advance the specialty. Thank you for your continued support of SUNA. Your participation is invaluable!