The mission of the SUNA Foundation is to improve urologic nursing care and the lives of people with urologic health issues through funding of urologic nursing research, scholarships, and educational programs.
Silent Auction ~ Call for Donations
The SUNA Foundation will host a Silent Auction on October 26, 2018, in conjunction with the uroLogic Conference in San Diego. The SUNA Foundation is requesting donations for the auction. If you are interested in donating, please complete and return the Silent Auction Donation Form by October 15, 2018. Bring the donated item(s) with you to the conference or ship them to arrive in San Diego by October 25, 2018.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Ed Hale, on February 26, 2018, in Eugene, OR. Ed is the husband of Ardeth Hale, SUNA Foundation Chair Emeritus. At the time of his death, they had been married almost 71 years. A memorial service is planned in Portland in July 2018. The SUNA Foundation Trustees express condolences to Ardeth and her family and hold her in our thoughts and prayers. The Foundation is dear to Ardeth's heart and Ed supported her SUNA dedication and volunteerism throughout their marriage. Memorials can be sent to the SUNA Foundation Cherished Celebrations, Memories, and Moments in Ed's honor.
Get Your Copy of SUNA Foundation Cookbook!
The SUNA Foundation Cookbook contains 215 mouth-watering recipes – everything you need from appetizers to desserts. The cookbook will be available for sale at the SUNA uroLogic Conference in San Diego for $12, or a special conference-only rate of two books for $20.
SUNA chapters can purchase groups of 10 or more for $10 each. The cookbooks make wonderful gifts for family and friends as well as chapter door prizes or a special recognition of a chapter member. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Urology nurses care for patients across the lifespan, providing guidance and treatment for a variety of urologic diseases and concerns. Recognizing the need to advance urologic nursing practice and create a continuum of knowledge, the Society of Urologic Nurses and Associates (SUNA) formed the SUNA Foundation.
Committed to propelling urologic nursing care, the foundation offers many opportunities for SUNA members by funding urologic nursing research, scholarships, and educational programs.
Gifts from donors like you will help urologic nurses and associates research their ideas, further their nursing education, and seek specialized training. Patients will ultimately benefit from their expanded knowledge and expertise.
- Jean Lewis, BSN, APRN, ANP (retired), Foundation Chair, Minneapolis, MN
- Ardeth Hale, CURN (retired), Foundation Chair Emeritus, Eugene, OR
- Debbie Buback, Foundation Secretary/Chair-Elect, MSN, RN, ANP (Retired)
- Susan Lipsy, ANP-BC, CUNP, Foundation Treasurer, Associate Medical Professionals of New York, Syracuse, NY
- Katy Bortel, MS, RN, CCRP, Hines VA Hospital, Hines, IL
- Donna Brassil, MSN, CURN, Rockefeller University, New York, NY
- Carol Einhorn, MA, APRN, GNP, CURN, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
- Valre Welch, MSN, RN, CPNP, VCU Health System - Pediatric Urology, Richmond, VA
- Christopher Sellwood, Industry Representative, CURE Medical