Look to SUNA for the latest in advanced practice guidelines, findings, and evidence-based research for the urologic nursing community.
Recognizing that nurse practitioners and physician assistants play a key role in team-based delivery of care, the American Urological Association has developed a Consensus Statement on Advanced Practice Providers. The Consensus Statement examines advanced practice provider integration from a regulatory and practice management approach. The Consensus Statement was developed by a workgroup featuring a diverse set of urologic providers, including physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants. Susanne Quallich, ANP-BC, NP-C CUNP, FAANP, represented SUNA on the workgroup.
The following resources were first published in the March/April 2021 issue of Urologic Nursing. Click on the title to download the resource.
Clinical Practice Procedures
- Urinary Catheterization of the Adult Female
- Urinary Catheterization of the Adult Male
- Insertion of an Indwelling Urethral Catheter in the Adult Female
- Insertion of an Indwelling Urethral Catheter in the Adult Male
- Intermittent Self-Catheterization Patient Education Checklist
- Methods and Types of Urinary Catheters Used for Indwelling or Intermittent Catheterization
View the Digital Edition of the March/April 2021 Issue of Urologic Nursing
The following resource was first published in the July/August 2022 issue of Urologic Nursing.