Urologic Nursing, the official journal of the Society of Urologic Nurses and Associates (SUNA), presents the latest advances in urologic nursing practice. Written by and for urologic nurses and associates, Urologic Nursing features clinical articles covering a variety of urologic issues and clinical procedures. Patient education techniques, research findings, ethical issues, and current trends in this expanding clinical nursing specialty also are included. Published six times a year.
Highlights from Current Issue ~ May/June 2021
Special Issue on Advanced Practice Nursing
- Updated Competencies for the Nurse Practitioner Working with Adult Urology Patients
- Defining the Role of the Urogynecology Nurse Practitioner: A Call to Contemporary Distinction through Subspecialty Certification
- Outcomes of a Nurse Practitioner Urologic Fellowship
- ‘I Only Want to See the Doctor’: Comparison of Patient Satisfaction between Urology Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers
- Perineal Urethrostomy: A Case Study
- Special Issues in Urology Nursing — Executive Summary: Defining the Urology Nurse Practitioner Role in the United States: A Delphi Study
Access content from the current issue as well as back issues of the journal in the SUNA Online Library.
Highlights from March/April 2021 Issue
Special Series on Urinary Catheter Clinical Practice Procedures
- Clinical Practice Procedure ~ Urinary Catheterization of the Adult Female
- Clinical Practice Procedure ~ Urinary Catheterization of the Adult Male
- Clinical Practice Procedure ~ Insertion of an Indwelling Urethral Catheter in the Adult Female
- Clinical Practice Procedure ~ Insertion of an Indwelling Urethral Catheter in the Adult Male
- Teaching Tool ~ Intermittent Self-Catheterization Patient Education Checklist
- Teaching Tool ~ Methods and Types of Urinary Catheters Used for Indwelling or Intermittent Catheterization
Online Journal Archive
Urologic Nursing journal articles (2010 to current) are available in SUNA’s Online Library. SUNA members have free access to the journal articles. Nonmembers can access journal content for a fee.
Thank you to the Chicago Metro, Dallas-Fort Worth, and Mississippi Valley Chapters of SUNA for sponsoring the online journal repository for 2019.
Nursing continuing professional development (NCPD) contact hours are available for designated journal articles by completing the contact hour evaluation process in the SUNA Online Library.